In the following, we have collected the most frequently asked questions:
- Q: Sometimes the speech recognition software doesn’t instantly understand what I’m saying. Is there anything I can do about this?
A: We are unable to directly influence the voice recognition as we use Google and Apple speech recognition technology and although this is one of the best platforms for this purpose, it can’t always properly record what it heard. Fortunately, Google and Apple are rapidly developing this function, which means it’s improving week after week. In fact, the more frequently “misheard” segments can be remedied with self-developed corrections if you let us know which word/expression caused issues for the speech recognition system.
Talking directly into the microphone or saying the sentence in question at a slower speed can also help.
- Q: Can I really use the app while driving a car?
A: Yes, BUT ONLY by using a headset or turned to loudspeaker. This helps the voice recognition and it’s also much safer to drive this way. 😀
- Q: Is the application available for both the iPhone and Android platforms?
A: Yes. You can download the app via both the App Store and Play Store by searching for Talk@Ease.
- Q: I just started learning English. Is this app for suitable for me?
A: Unfortunately, not really. Make sure to check back once you have covered the basics [and have at least level B1 skills].
- Q: Are there going to be new materials?
A: Yes, we are continuously developing new materials. In fact, we upload new lessons every other week.